Wednesday, March 22, 2006

We are here!

We arrived today in Kiev, Ukraine, after many hours of weary preparations and flight. We are both well and happy to be in the home of Grady and Lena Bryan. They have been wonderful host for the first several hours, the best part being their friendly faces to greet us at the airport! We're tired, about to go to bed... for ya'll in the Eastern Time zone, add seven (7) hours to see what time it is for us here. God bless you,

Brett

Well, we made it! It's been quite a journey. We did not sleep at all on Monday because we packed all night into the morning and we have slept only bits and pieces on the 3 plane rides. I think I slept more than Brett.
My impression of Kiev is that it is all city. It doesn't really feel like I thought a foreign country would feel. It just seems like a big city that I have never been to. I have seen some english words like at the airport of course, and some as we traveled on signs. There were at least 3 or 4 McDonalds on the way to their apt. from the airport.
Well, I guess we are off to bed.
In Him, Alicia

No comments: