Wednesday, April 19, 2006

God's Teaching

God has been showing me so much since I have been here. I guess sometimes we have to find ourselves in circumstances and situations beyond what we have experienced before, in order to see things differently, to see and hear God differently, and to learn great lessons in our walk of faith.


I believe God chooses these times to teach us lessons that we may not quite grasp in any situation other than in the one we are currently in. God has taught Brett and me lessons in our relationship with each other that are indescribable. The situation here at the church and the way of life that we have found ourselves in has also cultivated so many lessons in my life. One of these great lessons has been to "seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." This is such a familiar verse (Matthew 6:33) and it seems so basic and obvious, but this verse seems to come to me at different seasons in my life with new and renewed meaning. When I find things very confusing and challenging, I can easily find myself questioning everything. When I finally get away from this thought pattern and I remember Matthew 6:33 and other verses like Luke 12:24 (reminded to me by my husband) which says to remember that God finds us far more valuable than birds, which are fed without having to give it any thought or worry.


Life is so different in other parts of the world. This is their world and Brett and I have found ourselves in the middle of it. Despite many of the differences that I have been living in, God is still the same. He is evident when i look around; He is here as much as He is in West Virginia, Georgia, Louisiana, wherever. People need God and we are dead without Him. This is the message that everyone needs to hear. The Lord sends us out to spread His message of Love, Grace, Forgiveness, Joy......

(alicia)

No comments: