Thursday, October 26, 2006

WW2 museum


This is Alicia and I in front of one of the bas relief statues at the WW2 museum here in Kiev. Impressive it was! We didn't take pictures inside, you'll have to come visit us and we'll take you there. The stakes were high and many battles were fought on Ukrainian soil-- millions of lives were lost. They have memorialized honorably.

After our museum trip we were invited to the home of Ann Marie, Alan, and Emily. Here I am when dinner is served, Alicia with photo credits.

Here's our group. We were all touristy Americans and we didn't care who knew. We may have been the only people in Kiev who had a picnic in the rain.
Alan, Calyn, Emily, Alicia, Lori, Callie, Harmony, AnnMarie, Jenny, Brett with photo credit.

Here's the silver lady whose image watches over Kiev. She's really big, there's nothing in the picture to give perspective, but let's just say if she and the Statue of Liberty got into a fight, she would probably win. (because of choice of weapons, of course)


Here's me and Leesh in front of the pretty leaves, bound to fall soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother you and your lovely wife are in our thoughts and prayers. Preach the Word!

Calyn said...

Yay for pictures! I had such a great time hanging out with y'all on Wednesday. I'm so glad that we did that. Love y'all- Calyn

Fred Peatross said...

Your blog brings back memories. I remember the Silver Lady

Thanks for sharing!

Fred

Anonymous said...

Brett (and Alicia),
I check your blog from time to time and it is so great to "see" you and how happy you look with your bride. I hope to meet her one day.
May God bless you both in your work there and in showing Christ to others.
We Love You,
Heather Ellsworth (and family)